Thursday, September 13, 2012

Guide to Restoring TRUST in a RELATIONSHIP.

Nobody is perfect same thing goes with relationships. Not everything will happen as you planned. I myself been into a lot of failed relationships. But that doesn't stop me from finding a new partner. You need to try your best for that relationship to work. If what you did is not enough for you're other half that means your not good for each other.




I am in a relationship right now. I used this blog to have an outlet with what I feel. You can't blame others for your mistakes. Besides, I'm tired of getting angry it will just give me a headache. I won't advice you to be bitter nor let go of the situation easily. Whatever wrong your partner did learn from it. Whatever mistakes you've done learn from it. I asked a lot of people if they will still love the person who betrays you. There answer, that will be difficult especially if you don't trust that person anymore.


It was summer break, I browsed the National Bookstore website. There is a certain book that catches my attention. Being in love with someone whom you don't trust anymore is really hard to do. Thanks to Mira Kirshenbaum a couples therapist and the author of the book that catches my interest. "I LOVE you BUT I Don't TRUST you" a phrase you would say to your partner after betrayals. A Therapist as she is, she has an  international reputation as a therapist for individuals, couples, and families. She has appeared many times on the Today Show and has been interviewed by Oprah Winfrey. I must say, as a Therapist she had encountered individuals in a situation that needs to consult people like her.

This book is a complete guide in restoring trust in your relationships. What is inside this book are true stories of people who experienced dishonesty or anything that can put the relationship at risk. In this book you will also get a lot of advices on how to cope up with your situation. This book is worth 549 pesos and can be bought at any bookstores.

Little by little I stitched the broken pieces of my heart from that situation. My partner is doing everything he can to gain that trust and giving me proofs of his sincerity in this relationship. In a relationship there is survival of the fittest. The stronger the couple is there would be 99.9% success rate in a happy relationship. I didn't say you won't encounter any problems but everyone does right? So all you have to do is be open minded and whatever struggles you may encounter talk it out on how to solve it. Anger and Hatred doesn't solve any problems at all.

I must say that this book helps a lot in my relationship with my partner. A must read! As what the author of this book says, "Saving relationships from damaged trust was not only my top wish. It's been the top wish of millions of people. And now we have what we need to make that wish come true."